Current happenings that need volunteer support.
1. 7/31/2014. Troop Leaders needed in Edgewater! We are looking for troop leaders to work with girls at the Edgewater Presbyterian Church (1020 W Bryn Mawr), just off the Red Line El train. Do you have 10-15 hours per month to share your time with girls? Contact Beth for more information.
1. 5/13/2014. St. Joseph Village in Chicago seeks dedicated adults to work with troops. St. Joseph Village has two Girl Scout troops and would love to grow these troops but need support from more volunteers to do so. Do you have time and talent to share at St. Joseph? Bilingual skills a plus! Contact Ashley to get involved.
2. 5/13/2014 Girl Scout troops are forming at Pilgrim Lutheran School in Chicago. Do you have time and talent to share with girls? Contact Ashley to learn more!
3. Volunteer Troop Leaders-6th grade and older girls. We’re starting troops in an apartment complex in Justice, IL, and need dedicated volunteers with time to share. You can select the dates and times of meetings, and the meetings will be held on site at the apartment complex clubhouse. Girl Scouts in 6th – 12th grade have many opportunities to get involved in their community, make a difference in the world, travel, camp, and give service. For more information, please click here.
4. 2/4/2014 New troops are forming in Oak Forest, Orland Park and Tinley Park. Do you have time and talent to share with girls in this area? You set the times, dates and location for troop meetings, or get involved with a community troop held in the area. For more information, contact Jakki today!
5. 1/31/2014 Girl Scout troop and community troop leaders needed! We are looking for adults to work with girls in the Bellwood, Maywood, Melrose Park and Broadview areas. We have girls in kindergarten through 5th grade that want to be Girl Scouts and need dedicated adults to work with them! Scheduling and group size is determined by the adult volunteers–we’ll work with your schedule. Ideal for church or community center adults! Contact Laura for more information.
6. 2/10/2014. Have fun working with girls to explore their community and create a “Community Walls” mural. Community Walls is a collaborative program between the Girl Scouts and Hostelling International. Volunteers spend about 12-15 hours with a troop of girls, guiding them through curriculum and then helping them design and paint their murals. A one-time training is required for volunteers. Times for troop meetings will vary, but will be matched to the volunteer’s availability. This is a creative project and lots of fun! Volunteers for Community Walls must complete the volunteer application process as outlined here. For more information, please contact Ashley.
7. 10/28/2013. Energetic and fun-loving adults needed to work with Girl Scouts in the northwest suburbs. We seek volunteers, ages 18+, for long and short term volunteer opportunities as troop leaders, co-leaders, school organizers and school/area coordinators. If you have time and talent to share with girls, we need you. Locations include Rolling Meadows, Palatine, Schaumburg, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates and Elk Grove Village. Contact Patsy for more information about getting involved.
8. 11/26/2013. Could this be you? We have a great opportunity for a leader to assist girls as they continue their Junior (grades 4-5) level Girl Scout Journey in Crown Point, Indiana. Be a part of challenging and inspiring girls to accomplish goals and make the world a better place. For more information, contact Jodi.
9. 11/26/2013. Wanted: Energetic and Enthusiastic volunteers! Adult volunteers are needed to help run a Girl Scout troop at the Palatine Opportunity Center. All materials supplied, training on site, we just need the volunteers to make this happen for girls. Patsy can provide more information.
A complete list of current volunteer opportunities is also available for viewing at http://www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org/current-opportunities.