Current happenings that need volunteer support.
1. 8/23/2013 Volunteer troop leaders are needed for our Girl Scouts at Chicago Lights (a non-profit organization at Fourth Presbyterian Church, 126 E. Chestnut, Chicago 60611). Interested volunteers please contact Irene.
2.. 9/10/2013. Have fun working with girls to explore their community and create a “Community Walls” mural. Community Walls is a collaborative program between the Girl Scouts and Hostelling International. Volunteers spend about 12-15 hours with a troop of girls, guiding them through curriculum and then helping them design and paint their murals. A one-time training is required for volunteers in early February 2014. Times for troop meetings will vary, but the participating troops are located in Lincoln Square/Chicago, Oak Park, River Forest, Forest Park and Chatham/Chicago. This is a creative project and lots of fun! Volunteers for Community Walls must complete the volunteer application process as outlined here. For more information, please contact Ashley.
3. 9/20/2013. Journey World has a great number of volunteer opportunities in October! Help with girls as they “run the city”, at an overnight. Assist Chicago Public School students learn team work, job skills and basic consumer education. Do cooking with Brownies and Juniors! Contact Victoria for more details and information about these events.
4. 10/14/2013. Lisle Gathering Place Shop. The Lisle Shop needs volunteer support to help in this busy, back-to-school season. Volunteers are needed to help stock merchandise, and file paperwork. Perks include first looks at new merchandise! If interested, please contact Pam for more information.
5. 10/28/2013. First LEGO League Tournament. Get involved with LEGO Robotics! We’re sponsoring 10+ Girl Scout LEGO Robotics teams of all ages and we need volunteers to work with our girls. There are several ways to lend a hand: volunteer as a judge, referee or tournament volunteer on Saturday, December 14th in Country Club Hills; or commit to being a LEGO team mentor to offer guidance and support to a group of local Girl Scouts during LEGO “season”, July -January. We will train our volunteers, but experience with engineering or robotics is helpful. Contact Candice for more information.
6. 10/28/2013. Energetic and fun-loving adults needed to work with Girl Scouts in the northwest suburbs. We seek volunteers, ages 18+, for long and short term volunteer opportunities as troop leaders, co-leaders, school organizers and school/area coordinators. If you have time and talent to share with girls, we need you. Locations include Rolling Meadows, Palatine, Schaumburg, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates and Elk Grove Village. Contact Patsy for more information about getting involved.
7. 11/26/2013. St. Joseph Village in Chicago seeks dedicated adults to work with troops. St. Joseph Village has two Girl Scout troops and would love to grow these troops but need support from more volunteers to do so. Do you have time and talent to share at St. Joseph? Bilingual skills a plus! Contact Ashley to get involved.
8. 11/26/2013. Could this be you? We have a great opportunity for a leader to assist girls as they continue their Junior (grades 4-5) level Girl Scout Journey in Crown Point, Indiana. Be a part of challenging and inspiring girls to accomplish goals and make the world a better place. For more information, contact Jodi.
9. 11/26/2013. Multi-level, multi-age Girl Scout troop needs volunteers. Girl Scouts has troops at the Center on Halsted that need more dedicated, involved adult volunteers. We are growing but can’t do it without more volunteers! Contact Ashley for more information.
10. 11/26/2013. Wanted: Energetic and Enthusiastic volunteers! Adult volunteers are needed to help run a Girl Scout troop at the Palatine Opportunity Center. All materials supplied, training on site, we just need the volunteers to make this happen for girls. Patsy can provide more information.
A complete list of current volunteer opportunities is also available for viewing at http://www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org/current-opportunities.